Our Manu Reserved Tour 6 days its takes you to the remoteness of the park, the final stopover allowed for tourist to reach this healthy and untouched rainforest, in fact, this trip is well designed for people whose have limited time but interested in exploring the most pristine rainforest of Manu Park in this schedule we have interesting activities such as; boat rides, owbox lake exploration to look for giant river otters and caimans, canopy tower, macaw clay lick, nature walks and we do optimize the time searching for the most emblematic animals from the rainforest Jaguar, large caimans, giant river otters and several species of monkeys and the bright macaws.
Manu National Park 6 days Tour
Manu National Park the name has acquired a legendary mystique among birdwatchers, naturalists and conservationists throughout the world. No other park on the planet protects so many species of birds, plants, and animals. Our 6 days tour will take to the core of the park in the search of the most endangered and emblematic wildlife such as black caymans, Giant River Otters, Tapirs, Capibara, Peccaries and if lucky Jaguars. Our guided tours are accessed from Cusco via ground transport and boat journey along the Madre de Dios and Manu river, the Lodging inside the reserved zone its the most convenient to observe wildlife, Casa Matsiguenka it’s nearby one of the largest and protected Amazon oxbow lakes, Cocha Salvador holds a healthy population of giant river others and surrounded by pristine rainforest inhabited by more than 8 species of monkeys and large prey of birds, Harpy eagle, the tour also offers chances to explore the trails around the Otorongo that is overviewed from a canopy metal tower.
Our 6 days tour is the shortest program designed to explore the remoteness of the park, see the itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – El Dorado Lodge
- Start Time: 4.30 AM
- Duration: Approx 10 hours travel, by car & boat.
- Locations on Route: Paucartambo – Colonial Town. / Acjanaco Pass.
- Atalaya Port, – motorboat.
- Ramble through Primary Forest.
- El Dorado Lodge – the final destination on the day
Day 2: El Dorado Lodge – Casa Matsiguenka
- Breakfast at El Dorado Lodge.
- Manu Riverboat journey – Manu National park access to the reserved zone of the park, after registration at Limonal Rager Station.
- Relaxing boat ride along the upper Manu reserved zone with greater possibilities to spot emblematic animals such as wild cats, monkeys, capibaras, etc. (boat journey of 4 hours and observe of wildlife along the river, aquatic birds, caymans, capibaras,
- Arrival to Casa Matsiguenka at around midday
- Afternoon walk along the pristine rainforest.
Day 3: Casa Matsiguenka
- Exploration by Catamarans of the Salvador oxbow lake famous for its population of Giant Otters and wildlife viewing such different species of monkeys (red howler, black spider, white and brown capuchins, tamarins, etc ) (2 hours approx) caimans use to emerged out from the water for basking themselves during sunshine.
- The short boat journey to the Otorongo canopy tower trailhead and a visit to the giant kapok tree (60 meters tall ) and other alternative trails.
- Overview from canopy tower of the wonderful section of untouched rainforest in the vicinity of the Otorongo oxbow lake, chances for aquatic birds, caimans, giant river otters. (2 hours)
- Dinner at Casa Matsiguenka.
Day 4: Casa Matsiguenka – El Dorado Lodge
- Breakfast and an early morning departure.
- The boat ride and great chances to observe some wildlife along the river banks and registration of exit of the Manu park at Limonal ranger station.
- Opportunity for catching a glimpse of the magnificent birds or capibaras as long as we are navigating the Alto Madre de Dios river and traveling against the current.
- Walk along with the system of trails of the lodge looking for some wildlife during the afternoon. Overnight at El Dorado Lodge.
Day 5: El Dorado Lodge – Guadalupe Lodge
- Breakfast at the lodge
- We will have chances to pass by a small parrot clay lick during morning time, nearby the lodge there is a spot where some parakeet, parrots and small macaws perch and lick some clay from the banks of the river.
- Motorized canoe to navigate the exciting Alto Madre de Dios and stop at the hot medicinal springs by midday and lunch on board Arrival to Atalaya Port and travel towards our Guadalupe Lodge (1.30 hour)
- Optional visit of the wildlife rescued center *
After our arrival at the Guadalupe Reserve if having time we will explore the trails that will take us along the swampy forest to look for the capuchin monkeys. Night walk to look for reptiles.
Day 6: El Dorado Lodge – Cusco
- Breakfast at the lodge.
- A guided walk around the garden of the lodge to explain the medicinal and curative plants such as; coca leaf, wild tomatoes, annatto.
- Visit the natural caves to observe large spiders and bats and trail along the creek.
- Chances for some wildlife viewing along the cloud forest.
- Arrival to Cusco around the 16:00 hrs.