Come and explore the best of Peru´s Amazon with an exciting blend of nature, adventure, and fun with a perfect introduction to the wildlife and pristine rainforest and enjoy the wonders of Manu National Park and relax in our comfortable facilities ideal for a time of peace and tranquility, The Tour services include; guidance, organization of all logistics, lodging, meals, transportation and included activities are; River Boat Trips, Canopy Tower and viewing platforms, oxbow lake explorations paddling a Catamaran, the lakes are home to a family of Giant river otters and many species of aquatic bird, Jungle walks a good trail network allowed to explore the most pristine forest in Manu, macaws clay lick and night walks. Our Jungle Guides and their knowledge of rainforest will make wildlife spotting possible along the Trip.
The Manu Tour
First of all, our Manu tour starts in Cusco, with a land journey through the high Andes and down from elfin forests to the lowlands. Stretching from 12,000-foot-high montane grasslands, deep through the elfin forests and then, down through mid-elevation cloud forests, and finally to the extensive lowland rainforest. Furthermore, the end of your journey, with wildlife spectacles on the white sand beaches of the languid, sinuous, 140-meter-wide Manu River.
Manu National Park is a five-million-acre reserve, being the jewel in the crown of the rainforest of Peru.
The Complete Manu Tour
This is the most ideal Manu tour for those modern-day explorers. For those where exploration lies within their spirits. If you have a keen interest in the wild, then Manu is the place for you. In the most dramatic, biological, transect reserve in the world.
Above all, our 8 day Manu tour will take you to the core of the National Park. Similarly, you won’t want to miss, spending 3 nights at the exclusive Casa Matsiguenka. Because this is a place to explore parts of the rainforest that is untouched. Now, this is an opportunity some will never encounter. What a way to spend time traveling in an area that is preserved and protected for all those who live within it. Furthermore, this voyage of discovery, certain features such as rarities, from diverse plants, and bizarre wildlife. If you are lucky, possibilities to see large wildcats such as the Jaguar.
So, be part of something memorable. To witness a part of the plant which is constantly on a decline as the years go on. Above all, this different world that lies on the doorstep of Cusco is a must-see for any traveler.
Experience Wilderness 8 days Manu Tour
Be ready for creating a once in life-time experience on this Manu Tour.
- What about paddling at Catamaran searching for Giant river otters?
- Exploring trails and the pristine network of trails to encounter majestic Giant Kapok Trees that reach over 195 Ft.
- While being surrounded by curious monkeys in the jungle rainforest.
- Observe on the boat, the aquatic birds and reptiles along the shores.
- Also, if you’re feeling brave. Grab your torches for night walks to observe the most bizarre living creatures that dwell in the darkness; praying mantis, millipedes, grasshoppers, colorful frogs, slender and the patterned arboreal snakes.
- Another wild watch opportunity. Walk up to the canopy tower and viewing platforms that overlook the Otorongo Oxbow lakes, where top predators can be seen Large Black caimans, Giant River otters, and Harpy Eagle.
- The riverboat excursions are lifetime experience keep your eyes open to find the most interesting wildlife such as black caimans if lucky enough anacondas or jaguars.
- Our Experienced Local Guides and their knowledge of the rainforest will make wildlife spotting more than possible. Making this one of the most memorable trips of a lifetime.
If all of the above sound like your cup of tea. Then hesitate no more. For a jungle & rainforest experience, you will never forget. This tour offers such a range of activities and opportunities to see some of the gorgeous, untouched land, plant and animal population.
Extreme Biodiversity at Manu National Park
- 1025 SPECIES OF BIRD (Aves)
- 221 SPECIES OF MAMMALS (mamíferos )
- 1307 SPECIES OF BUTTERFLIES (Mariposas)
- 8 SPECIES OF WILDCATS (Felinos Silvestres)
- 15 SPECIES OF PRIMATES (Monos)
- 27 SPECIES OF MACAWS (Guacamayos)
- 132 SPECIES OF REPTILES (Reptiles)
- 155 SPECIES OF AMPHIBIANS (Anfibios)
- 300 SPECIES OF ANTS (Hormigas)
- 650 SPECIES OF BEETLES (Escarabajos)
Overview of activities:
DAY 1: Cusco – Guadalupe Lodge
- Enjoyable private begins in the Andes of Cusco with stunning views of the mountain peaks and remote village.
- Visit of the pre-Inca cemetery ruins at Ninamarca.
- Guided tour and breakfast at the charming colonial village of Paucartambo.
- Descent to the cloud forest and walk along the cloud forest to spot the amazing cock-of-the-rock other colorful birds and monkeys.
- Upon arrival to the Guadalupe Reserve if having time we will explore the trails that will take us along the swampy forest to look for the capuchin monkeys.
- Night walk to look for reptiles and insects.
DAY 2: Guadalupe Lodge – El Dorado Lodge
- Breakfast and early departure and minivan ride to Atalaya port where we will board our motorized and roofed (to provide shelter from the sudden tropical downpour and suns bath)
- Motorized canoe to navigate the exciting Alto Madre de Dios observation of some wildlife along the riverbank, capibaras, macaws and raptors (6 hours approx of the boat journey)
- Moderate walking in the afternoon provides a good opportunity to experience the flora and fauna in the remoteness of the Park while observing some animals or at least tracks of peccaries, the tapir.
Day 3: El Dorado Lodge – Casa Matsiguenka
- Breakfast at El Dorado Lodge.
- Manu Riverboat journey – Manu National park access to the reserved zone of the park, after registration at Limonal Rager Station.
- Relaxing boat ride along the upper Manu reserved zone with greater possibilities to spot emblematic animals such as wild cats, monkeys, capibaras, etc. (boat journey of 4 hours and observe of wildlife along the river, aquatic birds, caymans, capibaras,
- Arrival to Casa Matsiguenka at around midday
- Afternoon walk along the pristine rainforest.
Day 4: Casa Matsiguenka
- Exploration by Catamarans of the Salvador oxbow lake famous for its population of Giant Otters and wildlife viewing such different species of monkeys (red howler, black spider, white and brown capuchins, tamarins, etc ) (2 hours approx) caimans use to emerged out from the water for basking themselves during sunshine.
- The short boat journey to the Otorongo canopy tower trailhead and a visit to the giant kapok tree (60 meters tall ) and other alternative trails.
- Overview from canopy tower of the wonderful section of untouched rainforest in the vicinity of the Otorongo oxbow lake, chances for aquatic birds, caimans, giant river otters. (2 hours)
- Dinner at Casa Matsiguenka.
Day 5: Casa Matsiguenka
- Early morning walk along to visit the small macaw clay lick that is reachable on foot from the lodge.
- Walk along the main trail that crosses the terra firme forest and chances to harvest some brazil nuts and botanical explanation and some curative herbs and plants.
- Exploration of the network of trails and canopy tower at Cocha Otorongo lake and the giant kapok Tree
Day 6: Casa Matsiguenka – El Dorado Lodge
- Breakfast and an early morning departure.
- The boat ride and great chances to observe some wildlife along the river banks and registration of exit of the Manu park at Limonal ranger station.
- Opportunity for catching a glimpse of the magnificent birds or capibaras as long as we are navigating the Alto Madre de Dios river and traveling against the current.
- Walk along with the system of trails of the lodge looking for some wildlife during the afternoon. Overnight at El Dorado Lodge.
Day 7: El Dorado Lodge – Guadalupe Lodge
- Breakfast at the lodge
- We will have chances to pass by a small parrot clay lick during morning time, nearby the lodge there is a spot where some parakeet, parrots and small macaws perch and lick some clay from the banks of the river.
- Motorized canoe to navigate the exciting Alto Madre de Dios and stop at the hot medicinal springs by midday and lunch on board Arrival to Atalaya Port and travel towards our Guadalupe Lodge (1.30 hour)
- Optional visit of the wildlife rescued center *
After our arrival at the Guadalupe Reserve if having time we will explore the trails that will take us along the swampy forest to look for the capuchin monkeys. Night walk to look for reptiles.
Day 8: El Dorado Lodge – Cusco
- Breakfast at the lodge.
- A guided walk around the garden of the lodge to explain the medicinal and curative plants such as; coca leaf, wild tomatoes, annatto.
- Visit the natural caves to observe large spiders and bats and trail along the creek.
- Chances for some wildlife viewing along the cloud forest.
- Arrival to Cusco around the 16:00 hrs.